Friday, November 7, 2008

Early morning Football & Luray Caverns...

Last Saturday we had another early morning football game. After the game we headed up to Shenandoah Valley to the Luray Caverns, Garden Maze, and to hike up a few little trails. The Caverns were so amazing...Calee and Gavin loved learning about the stalactites and stalagmites, Brock ended up falling asleep in the backpack that Matt so kindly wore for us. The Garden Maze was a blast, we raced boys against girls...boys won by literally 5 seconds, so close it should really be a tie...but the boys wont admit to that. After we went to dinner we took a little hike trail up the mountain...the view was so beautiful! I love Autumn in Virginia!













10 comments:

The Pattersons said...

so is that here in va? that is so cool and I want to go! I think I will have to go by myself because i can't pull my husband away!

Jill Zeisler said...

Great Pics kids!! I might need you to send some of the ones of Gavin and Calee with the sunset behind. Gavin looks to tough in his football stuff! What a cool family you guys are!! We love you!!

Anonymous said...

I went to those caverns! They were amazing. And then I went camping on the West Virgina border, and it was scary, and yes because of the people playing banjos.

Andrea S. said...

What a neat place! It makes me cross my fingers even tighter that Aaron gets accepted to VCU. It looks like you had a great day hiking and spending time together.

Us said...

Such a cute family. I still can't get over how big your kids are getting. You guys look like you are having fun.

Anonymous said...

So fun and I bet I won't ever do it before leaving this place. I think you inspired me though. Oh and you are looking pretty buff there Aimee. Those arms are divine!!!

Lindsay said...

So fun, gotta love the early morning football:} Your kids are getting so big and are so dang cute. Looks like another fun Saturday at the Toomey household!

Jade said...

You guy always do the coolest things! I wish michigan was cool like that...Or maybe its not Michigan, maybe it is us...

Anonymous said...

I finally did it! I got karen and andrea to make a blog! well, basically I made them for them and threatened them to post on them! JK. So go to my blog, they are on my blog list! :)

Heidi Openshaw said...

What a fun family trip. Those caves are amazing. How cool. I'm glad to see you're all doing so well.