Well it finally went! I wish I could say it has been a good car but I would be lying like crazy. We had to put in a new transmission at 69,000 miles (yeah I know huh?!), it has had so many weird things go out on it (2 of the doors don't lock or unlock...yeah I know). I have had to call upon neighbors and friends for the use of their cars when mine wouldn't start for whatever reason. Finally this little Explorer gave out for real (at 93,000 miles...I know huh?)...I was driving down a residential road going maybe 25 miles per hour, and the car just started to shake and went totally dead, I had no power steering and no power period. I coasted the car to the side of the road, it was still shaken', put it in park and yelled, "hurry kids get out!". Side note: A long time ago I saw a friend's car have the engine go up in flames (Oh yes Lindsay...I still remember that day in the Target parking lot!)...Maybe I didn't need to be quite so dramatic, but I wasn't taking any chances. The diagnosis...Crankshaft sheared off front of motor, major engine damage, advise customer (that would be me) needs replacement engine, customer (me again) declined repairs at this time. Dang straight I declined repairs are you kidding me? So good bye Explorer we had a lot of good memories in you, but not enough you were still too young to throw in the towel like that!
Now here comes our new dilemma what car to buy next? A SUV (gas guzzler), a Mini-Van (Yikes, we swore we would never own one), a Cross-Over (possibly too small)? Yeah we are totally drawing a blank with this one, but we have to make a decision soon!

This is the only picture I could find. This is when Matt and my Dad drove from Utah to Virginia in the Explorer.
Now here comes our new dilemma what car to buy next? A SUV (gas guzzler), a Mini-Van (Yikes, we swore we would never own one), a Cross-Over (possibly too small)? Yeah we are totally drawing a blank with this one, but we have to make a decision soon!

This is the only picture I could find. This is when Matt and my Dad drove from Utah to Virginia in the Explorer.

3 comments:
On with the mini van years!! The kids will love you being the official soccer mom now with exta seating to take friends! I think you might like it too?!
Okay I totally laughed out loud when I read the hurry kids get outta the car!!! Oh the memories from that day in the target parking lot. I swear every fire engine in Davis County came to the rescue!!! I must say that mini vans are totally easy, love that the kids don't have to barrel over seats to get into the back, that they can load and buckle themself up too! Whatever you choose I'm sure you'll love!
Car trouble! The worst thing ever! I was laughing so hard reading your little car trauma story. You crack me up girl! I have to tell ya that I think you should get a mini van. Seriously they are the way to go. We've always said we'd never get one either and we still haven't but all of our siblings have one and they rock! They are so conveinant and get great gas mileage. My sister Betsy just bought a Toyota Sienna and it is awesome! Good luck with the big car decision though and we look forward to hearing what you buy.
Post a Comment