Sunday, August 31, 2008

What we bought on Ebay...

Most of you know that Matt has had quite the little/BIG obsession with eBay. There was a time in our lives when the most random of things would be shipped to our house...no joke...For example...I came home one day and found an enormous package on our door step, way too heavy for me to pick up. Matt's reaction to the massive box, "oh good the industrial strength power washer I ordered from eBay arrived". In Matt's defense I have thoroughly loved having the industrial strength power washer, but wasn't expecting one to arrive on my door step. And it wasn't just the buying I had to watch our for, Matt was into selling on eBay as well. Back during Matt's eBay obsession, if I wasn't seen using an item in our house at least once every 48 hours it was liable to be up for auction the next day on eBay. But I thought this crazy obsession was over and done with. So when Matt yelled up the stairs to me one night,"Hey Aim, get down here and have an open mind". When I came down stairs and saw that he was searching eBay for a Mini-Van I thought Matt had completely lost it! But as I looked at the car he was right...it was the price range we were looking at, and it had all the features that we wanted. In our defense it was a dealer selling it on eBay so we did all the transactions through the dealer but yes we did have to click on the "buy it now" button.

I can't believe we own a Mini-Van!!! No matter what angle I take this picture it still comes out looking like a Mini-Van.


Call us what you want we deserve it...hypocrites, sell outs, ect... We swore we would never be a Mini-Van family. But here we are eating our own words. I called my Dad when we were thinking about the Mini-Van purchase. Our conversation went like this..."Dad I'm a sell out, I swore I would never buy a Mini-Van". His response, "Aimee come on your just getting older, more mature, more practical". My response to him, "Dad you totally just gave me the definition of a sell out!" I tried to tell my Dad my integrity was on the line. But after I got off the phone I realized I needed to just suck it up and get the Mini-Van, because that is what works best for my family right now. We have only had it a couple of days and it really is SOOO convenient to use, and we can each bring as many liquid beverages as we want (it honest to truth has 17 cup holders). Even Matt, who you would think could never been convinced a Mini-Van is the way to go, is really impressed by all the "bells and whistles". We love our new Mini-Van...but just for the record we both cried a little when we signed the papers (JK).

5 comments:

Jill Zeisler said...

Way to sell out!! I'm really quite glad you did, you'll probably like it more than you know! After all you are parents of 3 growing kids who will love to have a friend come along someday. And I'm pretty sure you are enjoying the ride better than the Explorer,and just think you don't have to play anymore games to unlock the doors anymore!! Yeah!! Good job kids!! enjoy!!

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

We're proud of you guys... you made the leap! Trust me, if we could actually break even on our gas guzzler, we would be min-vannin' it with you! congrats on the NEW CAR!!! I can't wait to see you cruisin' Richmond streets in your new ride!!!

Heidi said...

i aged 10 years when we bought our mini-van!! Although it has its advantages I will NEVER own one again. They are always fighting- no one wants to sit in the back by themselves... Oh well. Enjoy it, it looks nice
HEidi

Anonymous said...

you are so hilarious! I love all your different angles you took of it! But I hear that they are way practical, I love that you bought it on ebay! LOL. I totally have an ebay obsession as well, although, I have never bought a car on there! :)

Anonymous said...

The world of mini vans is GREAT! I am sure Matthew has lots of memories of the 15 plus years we had one. Welcome to the Mini Van Club!!! Mom and Dad