Calee and I were able to skip out of town for a day and get some much needed "girl time" in. Calee had no idea what we were doing. I packed her bags, had them in the car...and we drove off to run "errands" (that's what she thought) for the day. When we pulled up to the airport she was very confused. I waited until after we checked in, gave her a little package from American Girl, and she was still confused. I then told her I was taking her to New York to the American Girl Doll Store. She was thrilled as you can imagine!

Still confused, about where she is going.

Finally in the know, and loving it!

Things were off to a great start, we got to the Omni hotel and were pleasantly surprised when they upgraded us to a suite! Calee then got to open some fun things that Grandma Z sent...Matching jammies for Calee and Kit (her American Girl doll), matching pillow cases, a robe for Calee, and sleeping bag for Kit. Thank you Grandma!!


Our first stop at the American Girl Place was to the doll hair studio. It was time to get Kit ready for her special day.

Calee and Kit in front of Kit's part of the store...Let me just tell you this store is AMAZING!! 3 stories of girl heaven!!

We had a fancy lunch at the Cafe.


Photo Shoot with Calee and Kit.


Oh boy did she have fun, so did I!!!

We still had some time left over after our day at the American Girl Doll Store. And since we were in New York, we thought we should hit Central Park. We had such a great time walking around, seeing street performers, playing at the park, snacking on goodies, and climbing on rocks and statues. Calee was so intrigued by the street performers, she couldn't believe her eyes. Calee has always been a climber, the rocks in the park made her very happy. We spent a good deal of time just relaxing on top of rocks, Calee said, "Isn't it nice sitting on a rock and listening to music"...it was so nice to spend this time together.
14 comments:
How fun is that. This is exactly why every mom has to have a daughter so we can go do things like this. Glad you guys had a fabulous trip. You are such an amazing mom.
how fun! you are the best mom seriously-i can't wait till my girls are old enough to do super fun things like this.
I'm totally jealous! How much fun. That's great you went to Central Park too. I'm just loving Calees hair.
Oh and I really like your glasses. Very cute.
How Much Fun You Had!! What a great trip for both of you, it's so good to see Mother and Daughter enjoying time together! I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Calee's hair is so cute, she really looks like her Doll!
Oh my gosh what a dreamy little getaway!!!!! I bet you guys had a total BLAST!!! So much fun :)
What a lucky little girl. A memory to last a lifetime. xoxoxo
Holy cow i am so jealous. I love American Girl dolls. Aimee you are the best mom ever.
You girls are so lucky. That would be a fun trip.
That is such a cute idea! your such a fun mom! I'm sure you guys had a blast!
Holy crap this next kid better be a girl so we can take a trip just like this. I am serious because I am not having any more and I totally need an excuse for girl time. This was such a fun post to read. Calee has such a great mom!!!
NEW YORK! You lucky ducks. Looks like you had fun!
really???? Omg what a great idea! your are a cool mom!! I used to collect those dolls growing up. (lucky Taylor!)
I seriously could have only dreamed of doing something like this when I was Calee's age - I wish you were my mom !!! One on one time is so important and I'm sure it strengthened your relationship and made her feel so special and loved, and I love that it wasn't for any specific reason - it was just because... and it doesn't get better than that. This is something both of you will never forget.
Post a Comment