For some reason school was out today...I really have no idea why...but I'll take it!! I was so excited not to have anywhere we needed to be today. Our play group was going to Chesterfield Berry Farm to go Strawberry picking so we went along. The kids had a BLAST picking and eating strawberries. You would think with the way the kids were eating strawberries they wouldn't have many strawberries to take home...WRONG...11 lbs. of strawberries later (they are in my fridge now, I really need to figure out what I'm going to do with all of them). Calee and Gavin filled their baskets and still managed to stuff themselves silly with strawberries. Brock is in love with strawberries and has been for quite some time...he couldn't believe his good luck to be in a field surrounded by one of his very favorite fruits. Brock would pinch the strawberries off and eat the squishy fruit out of his hands it was too funny...he soon got smart and realized he can take the already picked strawberries right out of Calee's and Gavin's baskets. The weather was perfect, the kids were loving life, I was loving it...We can't wait to go again (I guess we should work on the 11 lbs. of strawberries we have now first).
If you can believe it Gavin's basket got even bigger.

4 comments:
Sweet fruit for our sweet little kiddo's!! Yummy stawberries, looks like you had so much fun!! We love our little pickers!!
OH what a fun time! How great that you even got a hay ride in addition. The strawberries look heavenly. Good luck with the 11 lbs, though I'm sure the kids will help. My suggestion: freeze some for smoothies and cold summer snacks. Nothing like fresh strawberries from the patch...
How fun! I would love to go to a strawberry patch and pick dozens of strawberries. It looks like you had a blast together. Aimee I don't know how you do it all with three kids. YOu're amazing!
Oh Wow we need one of those gardens here! I would absolutely be in heaven.
Make smoothies, Chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry shortcake, shakes....oh man I am so jealous! :)
Post a Comment