Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grandma Time...

How can you thank someone enough for living your life for you for 2 weeks? No really any ideas...cause I really gotta thank my mom for doing that for me. I had no idea how down and out of it I would be after having a tonsillectomy...yikes, it hurt. The good thing was the kids did not suffer one bit...in fact they hit the jack-pot with Grandma in town. Grandma didn't waste a second with my little people, she took them so many fun places...library story times, mall events, out to the movies, build-a-bear for some spoiling, and other places I'm sure (I really couldn't be sure what they were up to I was, for lack of a better word, unconscious in my bed!). If that wasn't enough, Matt had his surgery while she was in town too...she had to deal with 2 invalids and take care of 3 kiddos. In a really weird way it was great to have my Mom and Brock have so much time with just the two of them (Calee and Gavin still had school Mon.-Fri.), they are quite connected to each other...and I am glad they had that time. The following pictures are from my Mom's camera...I wasn't present for any of the fun:(. Next trip she is going to have to deal with me as a tag-a-long, I hate missing a minute of the kids lives!




At the school...Calee had a classroom play the day of Matt's surgery. So while Matt and I were at the hospital, Grandma was enjoying Calee staring in Pandora's Jar...Calee was Pandora. Once Calee's play was over Grandma was leaving the school, and saw Gavin in the art room and had to take a picture. He thought it was pretty cool to see his Grandma in passing!
Grandma and Brock went to quite a few story times at the library and at Pottery barn kids too. He had so much fun with his personal assistant.

Obviously Calee and Gavin got away with more than I would let them. They are WAY too big to be in a shopping cart...but of coarse life is more fun with Grandma.

2 comments:

Jill Zeisler said...

Yeah, I know that some of the things I let them get away with, you woundn't, but that's the privelidge of grandparents!! It was so much fun, that I need a rest!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I hope you are recovered. Let me know if you guys need anything!