Thursday, July 31, 2008

Keeping our boat afloat...Thanks Grandma!

Matt and I had our wedding anniversary this July and decided to celebrate...so Grandma Z came into town to help with the babes. Matt and I run a pretty tight ship and the mere fact that she could keep our crazy boat afloat is quite impressive. The kids were busy making so many different crafts and having a great time playing with Grandma, when the kids went down to bed Grandma focused on making curtains for Calee's room (they are so adorable!). Thanks so much Grandma!!
Grandma and the kids time together:




Gavin hard at work! Our kids use hemostats for everything (thanks to their Dad). Gavin and Calee can handle hemostats really well...we're thinking Surgeons.




Bracelet making...Since Grandma showed Calee how to make these fun bracelets, she now wants to make one to match every outfit.






How adorable are these curtains?!! I love them. They have the cutest little flower buttons.

Matt and Aimee time together:
We didn't take our camera with us to any of our activities...it was a "kids free, camera free" time. So all the pictures below were copied off the Internet.



We went to see Jim Gaffigan (Our VERY favorite comedian) on July 18th. For those of you that know his material, know that we laughed our guts out the whole show! For those of you that don't know Jim Gaffigan...check his stuff out (very clean). We have one of his DVD's "Beyond the Pale", and we can't wait to buy "The Sexy Tour". Seeing him perform live was too good, if he is coming to a town near you...GO!!!


After Jim Gaffigan's show we checked into our hotel for the night...We stayed in Richmond's Historical Jefferson Hotel. This hotel really is so gorgeous! And guess who we saw leaving our hotel?...Oh yes Mr. Jim Gaffigan himself...I wanted to run up to him like a crazed fan, but decided against it (I'm sure he was in a hurry to get to his next gig in NC for the following night, not that I knew where he was going or anything).


The next morning it was off to Busch Gardens with just us two. We rode all the big coasters a bunch of times. Our favorite hands down is "The Griffin"(pictured above).

Matt had a random day off in the middle of the week, so we sneaked off without kiddos and spent a wonderful day at the DC Temple.

We are so lucky we were able to have Grandma come in, so that Matt and I could have this fun time together. THANK YOU GRANDMA!!! COME BACK GRANDMA!!!

2 comments:

Jill Zeisler said...

It was way fun!! Went by too quickly! I'm still recovering from my trip home. Thanks for being so sweet to me, I love you kids!!

My Three Snakes and Snails said...

I'm jealous that you got to do so many fun things! I think it might be awhile before we get to do that! DARN!