On Tuesday we were lucky enough to have Daddy have the day off from work. So we decided to make a fun day of it and go "Peach Pickin'" at Chiles Peach Orchard...so off to Crozet, VA we went! The kids loved everything from the ride in the wagon around the orchard to picking all those beautiful peaches, Matt and I loved it too! The smell in the orchard was so fantastic! The Peaches were beautiful...we ended up with 28 lbs. We ate frozen peach yogurt and peach slushies...both were SO good! Talking to some of the locals from Crozet they suggested on our way back home going to a pizza joint called "Crozet Pizza"...HOLY SMOKES that was some good pizza! This is a definite thing for next peach season! But for now it looks like peach pie, peach ice cream, peach crisp, peach bread (I'm going to attempt it), grilled peaches, and just plain old fantastic peaches for the Toomey family for the next little while.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Peach Pickin'
Posted by Toomey Family at 5:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love all those cute pictures! Brocks big cheesy smile, so cute! He looks a lot like you. I love peaches, that sounds like so much fun!
Oh how DELICIOUS! And, such incredible pictures of the kids...the colors are so vibrant. Check out rachaelray.com for some yummy peach cooking, she tends to use them a lot and they are great recipes. That last pic of Matt pulling the wagon with the kids is too cute!
Looks like some great peaches. Know what else is great? FOOD LION!
Such great pictures Aimee. I really like the last one. You should blow it up and make it a black and white. Oh it would be so cute hanging in your house. Sounds like such a fun filled day. Thanks for sharing your blog.
Post a Comment